Future Elon first years:
You are about to embark upon the longest yet fastest 12-month journey of your academic career. You are scared but excited, dreading studying but looking forward to learning, and you are probably wondering “What do I need to do to prepare for PA school?” Well in your moments of distress, I hope the following tips help.
- First of all, do not prepare. You’ll quickly find that there is no getting ahead in PA school.
- Your instinct will be to learn everything. Please don’t do that to yourself. You won’t have time and there’s no point in stressing over it.
- Always remember that you are still a human, and thus require the basic needs of eating, sleeping and showering. For everyone’s sake.
- All readings are “required.”
- Study smarter, not harder. (You will be amazed at what you can learn in 24 hours before an exam)
- More often than not your classmates are your best resources. Help each other survive.
- Always store a pillow, a blanket and a jar of peanut butter for long nights at the Fran.
- Whenever a teacher says, “That sounds like a good master’s project idea,” write it down.
- When you feel like you have no idea what is going on just say it out loud and I guarantee you will find instant relief when at least four classmates turn to you and say they have no idea either. Don’t worry, there will be one angel student nearby who was paying attention and will lead you all in the right direction.
- Even though it sometimes doesn’t feel like it, try to remember that the professors DO want you to succeed.
- If you ever need guidance, you can find it from your mentors. I promise you are in good hands!
Good luck to you all and don’t forget to breathe!