After pushing myself for almost a year here I can’t believe that this is one of the harder questions I have been faced with. PA school means so much, and so many different things; it is a multitude of feelings and memories that I will never be able to do justice.
PA school is…
- Hard work and dedication
- Sacrificing your own study time to help a classmate understand something- like when I was given all the patience in the world trying to learn EKGs
- Discovering the brilliance of the human body
- Celebrating birthdays
- Doing things you never thought you could
- Lack of sleep
- Seeing each other all day every day, after school, and on the weekends
- Becoming someone- fulfilling dreams
- Tears and nerves
- Laughter and inside jokes
- Running on coffee and cortisol
- Late nights
- A family
- Pushing yourself beyond your limits
- Having friends to push you when you can’t anymore
It’s amazing to believe that I never knew these people because now I can’t imagine my life without them. PA school is a lot of things, but I think the people are what mean the most to me.
Enjoy the adventure.